Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's been too long!

I've been trying new recipes last month and have one I'm ready to post, but when I came here I was SHOCKED that I hadn't posted anything in almost a year! This means I've dropped the ball on a few recipes that I thought I posted. I'll get to those soon. Right now, it's way past my bed time and once again I'm watching the Julie and Julia movie - which means that if I go to bed now I'll just lay there awake thinking about cooking, recipes, and all the stuff I don't yet know.

Of course, in the last year my Amazon wish list has grown a great deal. Even today I was researching Black (also called Onyx) Cocoa. I can't find that or even Dutch-processed Cocoa in any grocery store around here. Last week, I added tart pans to my wish list. Like I said, it keeps growing and growing and growing. Too bad my Powerball ticket tonight was a loser. Oh, I also roasted my first red peppers a couple weeks ago. They're wonderful, just like I thought they'd be. That same weekend I tried several other recipes, all of which need further tweaking.

But thanks to lots of help from my wonderful brothers, the garden is planted and growing. I think I'll have my first batch of fresh peas and green beans in a month or so (they're in the picture on the left, am I being too optimistic?), which is very exciting. Here's a couple pictures of my first garden attempt and I'll post my new recipe in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment